Thursday, December 6, 2007

Writer's Choice

I chose my blog titled “Tater Salad” because I had a lot of fun writing it and afterwards I was really hungry! I feel that it represents my improvement in writing from my first and second blog assignment. It was more challenging for me to write the blogs than it was the paper assignments and as I reread my posting this paragraph stood out to me as particularly strong. Also it was hard for me to write towards an audience and I feel that this opening paragraph will hold the readers attention “Growing up in Australia my family continued the tradition of Christmas dinner but not Thanksgiving. The Australians do not have a Thanksgiving Day so Christmas was the one day a year where we had the traditional turkey dinner. There was one huge difference though at Christmas time in Australia and that is it is in the dead heat of summer. So because of the intense heat my mother had added to the traditional turkey, stuffing, ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, and sweet potatoes a rather odd dish to cool it down…….potato salad”. I think that the paragraphs flow nicely into one another and are clear and easy to read. I also pledge to give the instructors the recipe if I get an A!

No comments: