Thursday, December 6, 2007

Voice Choice

I have chosen a blog posting for this part of my portfolio. I chose this piece because it is the one that has an awareness of an audience. I knew that my classmates would be reading it so it was directed for their eyes and ears and anyone else who happened to log onto my blog spot. This was a fun assignment after the technical challenges and I tried to make the fun, light nature of my writing in this piece come across to the audience. The assignment asked us to describe what is in our purse or wallet and what assumptions would be made about those items if they were not explained. To get the audience involved I posed questions to get them thinking on one track and then I changed the direction with my explanation of why those certain items were in my purse. I was uneasy to post my writing on the internet for the world to see but after posting I was actually proud of my writing and also that I had actually completed something technical. I also enjoyed “getting to know” some of my class mates by reading the contents of their wallets and purses.

No comments: